Andes Pacific Services S.A. was founded in March, 1993 and started activities on the 1st April 1993. Its founders Mr. Frederick D. Korswagen and Prof. Dr. Richard P. Korswagen†, had been partners of Overseas Service Agency S.A., at some time correspondents in Peru for all the P&I Clubs of the International Group, but they wanted to provide a different way of serving the clients in accordance with the modern tendencies of the maritime transport and insurance.
At that time Peru had been subject to governments which enforced strict protectionist, state-oriented commercial politics, but the liberalization was being rapidly introduced in all aspects of the Country’s economy. Therefore, Andes Pacific Services S.A. aimed to the following main objectives to serve its clients in the best possible way:
- To have available, at immediate notice, the most suitable technical personnel for handling a specific case, either from its own staff or by calling in experts from its list of advisers.
- To handle all claims in an efficient way; being ready for assist in a cost-effective basis all in order to protect our clients’ interests.
- To give precise and highly technical instructions to surveyors, in order to avoid unnecessary delay and labour, and to collect all pertinent information, evaluate it, and prepare consolidated, consistent and precise reports for the relevant case.
- To keep clients informed at all times how a determined case is developing.
- To liquidate the claims properly, providing advice to the Club and/or Member on how to dispose of the claims in the best reasonable or convenient terms.
- To maintain the best possible relations to claimants so as to be able to settle claims by negotiation instead of by long-term litigation before Courts and Tribunals, which have demonstrated – during the past decades – not to have the necessary knowledge and understanding to handle commercial maritime cases.
- To charge clients adequate fees for its services, and within the normal international standards.